Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Live Coverage of Shannon Christian and Christopher Newsome Trial


http://www.wbir.com/video/breakingvideo.aspx
http://www.wate.com/global/Category.asp?c=173163

Hopefully one of those links will work when the trial resumes tomorrow.

For those that aren't familiar with the case details can be found here.

Although this horrific crime deserves national media attention due to it's extremely racist nature I'm glad to see it at least getting airtime on local TV.

It looks like Fox is also giving it some attention.

When Christopher Newsom's bound, shot and burned body was identified the day after he was killed in 2007, authorities warned his mother the sight would be too gruesome for her to see.

"Well, I insisted I had to go there," Mary Newsom recalled last week, her voice cracking.

"I put my arm around the body bag and told him, 'Chris, I will not say goodbye to you because I know someday I will see you again.' That's what I believe. And that's what gets me through."

The mother concedes, though, "It's been a long 2 1/2 years."