Friday, November 23, 2007

Dr. Ron Paul


The first time I read anything about Ron Paul, was on wikipedia. They had an over view of the Presidential Candidates for '08 and I was searching for one to endorse. As you can easily tell by this site I am a proud American. I like many of you have become angry with the neo cons who have hijacked the GOP and are now as liberal as any democrat from say 10 years ago. I was searching for a candidate whose views were those of the founding fathers. I have admired the Founders my entire life for their bravery and foresight. They were great men who risked everything they owned as well as their lives and their families lives on just a chance to be free. That is something that has always amazed me.

The more I read of Ron Paul the more passionate I became for his message. Here is a candidate in 2007 many years after the Revolutionary War that speaks as though he is from 1776. I am not prone to believe in reincarnation but he is as close to the founding fathers as anyone I have read about from the past 100 years.

What attracts me to Ron Paul almost as much as his message of freedom from government oppression is the fact that you can tell he genuinely believes it to. He isn't in the pocket of some foreign country or wealthy bankers nor is he a tool of the CFR. Lately I had become so disillusioned with the entire political process in America. This quote by Carol Quigley who did extensive research on the Council on Foreign Relations I believe sums it up best. This is the CFR's goal for America and today as in 2000 or 2004 you can so clearly see it to be true.

"The chief problem of American political life for a long time has been how to make the two Congressional parties more national and international. The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead the two parties should be almost identical, so the that American people can 'throw the rascals out' at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy." - Carol Quigley

Now if that doesn't sum up the current situation and scare you to death I don't know what will. After reading something like that Dr. Ron Paul is an absolute breath of fresh air. He speaks with conviction and lack of any ulterior motives. I encourage everyone to follow the links below as well as search google and youtube to learn more about this candidate. For the first time I look forward to voting for one hell of a man and not the lesser of two evils. If Ron Paul fails to win this election I will be very troubled but it is still encouraging to know there are still men in office like Dr. Ron Paul.

Links:
Documents
Quotes from Dr. Paul
Dr. Paul's official site
Ron Paul's Political Positions Wikipedia
The Ron Paul Library

Videos
Ron Paul: Stop Dreaming
Ron Paul: A New Hope
Ron Paul On The Federal Reserve